Trybe App Terms and Conditions
The Trybe App is a social media app that allows you to share your stories with others in the Trybe community. The app is owned and operated by Trybe Inc. Our address is 3163 256th Street Langley BC V4W 1Y4 Canada.
Social media are great, but they have disconnected us from one another at a real/interpersonal level. Now through social media and the Trybe App, we have the ability to reconnect at a personal level, where it counts. The Trybe App allows you share your stories with others in the Trybe community anywhere and everywhere.
Our lawyers tell us that we have to have Terms and Conditions to protect both you and us. That’s what this document is. Please read it carefully because these Terms and Conditions are binding on both you and Trybe.
1. What We Are and What We Do.
We are a technology company. We are not in the publishing business. We are not a payment processing company. (We outsource that to a reputable out t that knows how to do that.) We use our technology as a platform that allows members of the Trybe community to interact with one another, to learn one another’s content preferences and to earn their loyalty, all with safety and security. That’s what the Trybe community is all about.
2. Use of our App on your Smartphone.
Your use of our Trybe App is subject to these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t agree with them, please don’t use our Trybe App or our service. If you do keep using our Trybe App or our service, that means that you have read, understood and agreed with these Terms and Conditions. If you are under the age of 16, you may not use the Trybe App. If you are under any legal restrictions as to your use of the Trybe App, then you may not use the App for any of the restricted purposes.
- You agree to access and use our Trybe App for personal, non-commercial and lawful purposes. No matter who you are, we have the right to restrict your access to the Trybe App at any time and for any reason or even to prevent you from using or accessing it.
- The Trybe App does not give you the right or ability to do anything that you could not do in the absence of the Trybe App.
- You agree that your username/login identity and password are personal to you. You agree not to share them with anyone.
- You agree to accept full responsibility for use of your username/login identity and password.
- If you use our Trybe App in any way contrary to these Terms and Conditions, we will ban you from further use, and will have the right to cancel any interaction in which you are involved and take any other actions that applicable law allows us to take (we really don’t want to do this).
5. Our Role.
We help people like you interact with one another in the provision and enjoyment of creative content. In other words, we provide a platform only – a market place of sorts.
6. Limits of Our Liability.
We provide members of the Trybe community with a personal interaction platform where they can safely interact. We believe that our technology and our system of doing business are safe and secure. However, we don’t check out everyone who uses our Trybe App and we can’t guarantee anyone’s honesty. SO IF YOU LOSE MONEY BECAUSE OF AN INTERACTION THROUGH OUR APP, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF ONE HUNDRED ($100) DOLLARS AND NO MORE. We will not be responsible for any losses that exceed that amount. If this limitation of our liability makes you nervous, please do not use our Trybe App.
7. General Rules
- We reserve the right to update and change these Terms and Conditions at any time. We encourage you to check these Terms and Conditions from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you. Your continued use of our Trybe App following the posting of revised Terms and Conditions means that you accept and agree to the changes. Don’t say we didn’t tell you!
- You have to make sure that any registration information that you submit to Trybe is true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to keep it that way at all times. Please don’t try to fool us, because it could affect
- how well the App works for you
- whether or not you can interact with other members of the Trybe community
- whether or not people trust you in the social environment the Trybe App creates - You have to behave properly when you are interacting with others using our App. What your mother told you was right.
- Speaking of behaving properly – some other people may use the App to spread incorrect or false information. We can’t moderate their communications or stop them from spreading false information. If they do that, you can’t hold us responsible.
- The use of the Trybe App will use some of your data plan and some of the processing power and storage of your mobile device. By using the Trybe App, you are confirming that is okay with you.
- Neither these Terms and Conditions nor your use of our Trybe App creates an agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship between you and Trybe.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR APP AND OUR SERVICES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- You have to provide us with certain information so that we can set up your account. That will definitely include credit card information so that you can pay for what you spend while using the App. If you don’t want to provide the information we need, the best functions of our Trybe App may not work for you.
- You agree that we can contact you by email, telephone, SMS or other electronic means both before and for a period of up to 120 days after you have used our App. Everybody knows that the Internet can sometimes be unreliable as a means of communication, and so you won’t blame us if there is an Internet problem that interferes with communication between you and us or between you and another member of the Trybe community.
- We can’t guarantee that the Trybe App will work with all smartphone operating systems, but it will work with most.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws where you live.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable bit will be cut out, and the rest of the Terms and Conditions will still apply.
- If you want to reach us, you can contact us as follows: info@Trybe.com
- If you want to talk with our Chief Compliance Officer about a privacy matter, you can use our above street address or email us at privacy@Trybe.com
8. How does Trybe make money?
Trybe as a platform is free to use and post content. However, if you do wish to Award a post or a content you like, then you will need to ensure you purchase credits to do so. You can refer to this article that talks more about - "How to purchase Awards/Credits on Trybe".
With regards to the fee, whether you purchase credits through the iTunes/Appstore for In App Purchases or Stripe on your Android devices, Trybe does not charge a fee on purchasing credits or withdrawing credits.
Trybe would only charge a flat 10% fee when you receive an award from someone.
For example, if you received 50 credits on a post you had posted. The 50 Credits will be deducted from the user who has given you the award but you will receive 10% less of 50 credits ie 45 Credits as Trybe has charged 10% flat processing fee (Note: this 10% fee is after any fees are taken by the App Stores — mandated through their In-App Purchase agreement.)
9. Our Lawyers Made Us Say This. Take Two Aspirins Before Reading. Seriously.
Except as expressly provided otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, Trybe Inc. provides the Trybe App and the services enabled through the Trybe App, and any information published on the Trybe App, on an “as is,” “as available” and “with all faults” basis without warranty of any kind and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Trybe, its subsidiaries, aliates, ocers, directors, shareholders, employees, suppliers, providers, agents, cobranders and other business allies, including all third parties and members of the Trybe community with which Trybe interacts, disclaim any and all other warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantable quality or tness for a particular purpose, quality, title, non-infringement, accuracy of data or content, data or content security and adequacy for any particular use, functionality, value or productiveness, regarding the services, the content of the Trybe App, any content, or any third party web sites (and their respective content) linked to the Trybe App. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will imply that any communications provided to or through the Trybe App or third party web sites (through links provided through the Trybe App), will be accurate or secure, that the operation of the Trybe App will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that errors will be correct at a certain time or at all. You hereby assume the entire risk associated with the use of the Trybe App and your account with Trybe, results obtained, and performance. Trybe does not endorse, warrant, guarantee or assume responsibility for any content, product or service promoted through or contained in the Trybe App.
Trybe reserves the right, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion and with or without notice, to rescind, postpone or cancel a transactions, whether between you and Trybe or between you and any member of the Trybe community, at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Trybe also has the right to withdraw, void or cancel any specials or discounts that have been listed at incorrect or erroneous prices or that are affected by any other error or omission as determined by Trybe in its sole and absolute discretion. This includes but is not limited to, incorrect prices and incorrect descriptions.
Trybe reserves the right, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion to remove content that goes against these terms, that is objectionable or abusive to users, and Trybe reserves the right to remove any user who does post objectionable, abusive, violent content.